Homes Within Walking Distance of Historic Downtown Franklin, TN
Looking for a place to call home in downtown Franklin, Tennessee? There are quite a few options now. Maybe you want new construction with historic flare or an older home that’s been completely renovated. Buyers have a large selection of homes on the market in a variety of price ranges within a 15 minute walk of Downtown Franklin!
Those not familiar with the Downtown Franklin area might wonder why someone wants to live in Downtown Franklin. Downtown Franklin has lots of boutique and specialty shops and many restaurants. Some of the favorite restaurants are Mellow Mushroom, Dotson’s, Red Pony, Merridee’s Breadbasket, 55 South and the newest Puckett’s Boathouse. We have a few coffee houses and ice cream parlors.
There are eight annual festivals in downtown Franklin. Listed in order from the first part of the year to the last of the year they are: Franklin Main Street Brewfest, Franklin Main Street Festival, Franklin on the Fourth, Bluegrass Along the Harpeth, Franklin Jazz Festival, Pumpkinfest, Wine Down Main Street and Dickens of a Christmas.
Franklin also has a historic theater which was just renovated and reopened in 2011 after being closed since 2007. The Factory, a 12-building entertainment complex that has become a popular venue for special events is located just a few blocks north of Downtown Franklin!
Franklin TN Awards & Recognition
- 2012-Top Ten Cities for Historic Preservation-Franklin (4)-Preservation Network
- 2012-#2 Most Business Friendly Cities-Beacon Center of TN
- 2012-Best Places to Live-Franklin (52) CNN Money
- 2010 Most Romantic Main Street-National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 2010 Where the Jobs Are-Money Magazine
- 2010 One of the Best Cities for Startups-Zoom Prospector.com-Bloomberg Business Week
- 2010 Best Places to Live, 66th-Money Magazine (only City in TN to make list)
- 2009 Distinctive Destination-National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 2009 Top 50 City to Start a Small Business-Business Week Online
- 2009 Best Neighborhood-American Planning Association
- Money Magazine's Top 10 Places to Retire
- Clean Cities Award (TN Department of Transportation)
- Tree City USA
- Great American Main Street Award
- Preserve America Community
If you would like more information about buying, selling or investing in Franklin Tennessee area real estate, please contact Tiffany White at 615-260-5858.
This post and its contents are the property of Tiffany White with Keller Williams Realty, providing real estate services to Franklin, Brentwood, Spring Hill, Nashville, Green Hills and surroundings areas of Middle TN.